Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Run Forrest ... or ... Stupid is as Stupid Does

It has been one of those days. Work is in overload. I checked my itinerary today and figured I had to leave work at 2:30 to catch my flight to State College, PA. Plenty of time.

I got to the airport and went to check in and said I was on the 4:25 flight through Philly. Deadpan look from ticket agent. "There is a 4:35, sir." I pulled out my itinerary and my jaw dropped. 4:25 was the arrival time for Philly! Departure from Charlote ... 2:36 PM. Current time ... 3:15 PM.

So, not only did I lose my upgrade (from seat 2D to 19D), I now arrive at 10:15 PM instead of 6:30. No liesurely dinner in a quaint college town. Now dinner is rushed at Philly airport. Oh, and I missed dinner with my boss.

Stupid is as stupid does.

2 comments:

Orpheus said...

OUCH!! Not your best performance. I guess we all have days like that though. I will respond to your other post in a few days, when I have had some time to think about it.

Thanks for writing it.

Anonymous said...

You've experienced a reoccurring nightmare of some kind I suppose. The traveling salesman's nightmare perhaps?

I still have dreams sometimes where I forget to read my Literature reader for an entire semester (quite plausible for a Brit Lit course!), forget to wake up for a test, or something like that.